Another Friday is here with another 5 great tips to help you work a little better and more efficient. This time: your printer. Not using it that much these days? well, maybe you should read on and see why you should use it at least once a month or so.
1. Keep the printer away from loose objects, pets and anything else that can get inside the printer and block it. There have been several instances where we had to clean dog and cat fur stuck to printer or there’s often a paperclip or similar that’s stuck inside and doesn’t let the printer to do anything. Make sure that your printer is in a clean place or just cover it up with something while you’re not using it to avoid dust and other from getting in.
2. You’re not out of ink. Sometimes there’s still a bit of ink & toner left even if the printer indicates otherwise. Take the toner out of the laser printer and shake it lightly, put it back in and you might get another 20 pages out of it. Ink printers can do this as well, just make sure you don’t get the ink on you and turn it ink-side up when shaking side-to-side.
3. Use original cartridges only when possible. Remanufactured and re-filled cartridges although might appear cheaper might cost you the printer at the end. The warranty doesn’t cover your printer if you use the remanufactured cartridges. Also, some generic cartridges might be filled with ink that’s liquid (and not gel-based as most original ones) and once the printer is switched on the ink can burst inside (caused by the electric charge the printer sends to reactivate the inks).
4. Give it a clean. Printing blanks? Most of the time this could be caused by the dried out inks. No need to replace the costly inks though. Just try to clean the heads of the printer a few times if needed. You don’t have to physically open the printer to do this, just use the settings feature on your printer, refer to the manual, or easier – just give us a call.
5. Print something at least once a month. Got an ink printer? Sometimes, inks can cake up or dry up and when you actually need to use the printer you might get a lot of blank pages (as per above). So, to avoid this from happening make sure that you print something once a month or so, just to keep the inks from drying up.
Need new inks? Just give us a call, we have the best selection of cartridges and toners in Dublin, and if you’re a returning customer we might as well throw in a discount. Give us a call and see if we have your inks in stock.