How many of you use Instagram? And how many of you use any filters to make them look great? Or you might have a bunch of photos you’d like to post to Facebook but want to brush them up a little before doing so. Well, today I have a list of some great apps you could use to brush up on the photos and make them look amazing. I use most of these every time I post a picture to my Instagram and I use one particular app both on my phone and computer to edit holiday photos. Most of the take just a click.
1. VSCO Cam. This is my all-time favorite. This app is packed with great filters you won’t find on the free apps and most of the peeps you follow on Instagram prefer this particular app. It comes with a few filters as a preset and you can then add some “packs” for more filters – some of them are free and some you have to pay a bit but they also do promotions every now and then releasing new packs for free.
And if you’re using Lightroom on your computer you can download their free developer pack with amazing Lightroom presets that will all the work for you with really good color combinations.
2. Whitegram. Although Instagram now allows you to upload your pictures in full (rather than crop them) some people prefer to use an app to show a picture in its entirety. Sometimes I like to share pictures I posted on Snapchat and they’re just too big for Instagram even with the recent update, so I can use Whitegram to share a full picture in a smaller format with the borders on each side. It’s free for iOS and Android.
3. Over is a fun little application if you want to add some text or symbols to your photos on the go. There are plenty of free things to choose from but you can also purchase extra packs (like with VSCO). You can see my little example above and it could be quite addictive in time creating these pictures. It’s €3.99 on iOS and Android.
4. Phoster is a bit more sophisticated than Over but it’s super handy if you don’t have a budget (or time) for a graphic designer but you want to create an amazing looking leaflet or a poster. It’s a bit fidgety as some of the text is very small but it’s incredibly easy to use; just choose a template, add a picture and edit your own text in and you’ll end up with an amazing looking poster in just 10 minutes. Get it for €1.99 on iOS only.
5. Insta Emoji. When you want to have a bit of fun with your photos give this app a try. Place Emojis all over your pictures, add Meme-like text or attach glasses, moustaches and much more. Free on iOS only.
Have fun with your pictures!
Alex @ MicroPro